Best Sellers In Playful Novelties Product Description (Taming the Beast: A Novel Book)
- "Taming the Beast: A Novel (P.S.)" by Emily Maguire.
- Shortly after 14-year-old Sarah Clark meets Daniel Carr, her 38-year-old English teacher, in Australian Maguire's debut, boundaries are eliminated and academics take a back seat to a different kind of education.
- Their increasingly sadistic trysts end when Daniel takes a job in Brisbane, leaving emotionally hobbled and sexually insatiable Sarah to search for Daniel's replacement.
- And search she does, bedding, by her estimate, hundreds of men before trying her hand at a relationship with childhood friend Jamie.
- But when Daniel reappears years later, Sarah is as helpless as a child and encourages him to indulge in all of his violent fantasies.
- Sections of the book pulse with sexual energy, though Maguire turns ethereally cerebral during moments of animal carnality ("In the expression of physicality, in the tearing of flesh and the intermingling of fluids, there is honesty").
- Though some readers may have trouble reading passages involving sexual violence, Maguire keeps the prose crackling and the dialogue lively ("[Y]ou look like the six week old corpse of a crack addict who died from syphilis") from the first page to the last.
- Paperback: 333 pages.
Best Sellers In Adult Sex Toys Product Features
- Brand: Harpercollins Publishers
- Category: Playful Novelties
- Department: Adult Sex Toys
- Feature: Fiction
- Theme: Gift Ideas
- User: Women or Men, Couples
Best Sellers In Playful Novelties Product Details
- Model: Taming the Beast: A Novel Book
- SKU: B000293N
- UPC: 9780061122163
- Brand: HarperCollins Publishers
- MPN: 9780061122163B
Look for Similar Items by Category